Saturday, June 16, 2012
Sentience takes up
so much space here.
It booms so loudly, in it's whispering way
way out here
Thoughts of a "civilized" home
That odd preoccupation
finally, simply
evaporate.
~~~~~~
That large, bone white bowl
an entire region
has evaporated every last vestige
of what I believed I was doing
or thought it was worth
and replaced these
with the sweep of a horizon
so deftly shaded
the annihilation of my mind
is all
that may follow.
~~~~~~
All the many soft edges
of night's color
and lack thereof
gather thickly around
every familiarity here
until, at last
I must surrender
like a fish, to ocean depths.
~~~~~
The keys have leapt out
no nestled shelter here
their context, lost
a mystery piqued for each
Moments ago, ghosts in the rear view.
ribbed excitement becomes
twelve miles of rough road
the shocks were done
after the thousandth hairpin.
The greening I'm experiencing
-just at the edges
alarming and reassuring, all at once.
That hand spun thing you gave me
plays in the wind
While the rolling boxes we've chosen
confuse
our true form.
~~~~~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mark, I come here to immerse myself in your refreshing waters. Thank you.
ReplyDelete