Monday, April 23, 2012

Deliveries


         ~~~~


Some want the steepest
most harrowing delivery
the rockiest path
the heaviest boulder
 to lift from the stream.


Only recently
have I realized
I'm no longer among them.


That such things
aren't really necessary
for some enduring impression
of what it is to live,
to be stamped into the fragile paper
of who I'm imagining
 'myself ' to be.


                   ~~~~

Mission, a sense of that
place it here, swaddled in silk
grace your favorite, unused platter
ring it with blossoms
roses, iris, daffodils
anything which conjures
your sense of resurrection
and being caught, like roots among stones

I'll regard this as if
it could be the last thing I'll ever see.

                        ~~~~

               Scarcely visible

Getting comfortable
 with the flash defining my existence

surrendering my ring of keys
my notebook
my private monologue
the things I regurgitate repeatedly
until I can't bear them anymore.

My essence wishes to be clean and sleek
like some celestial tadpole
swimming out toward strange and deeply fertile
 space
squeezing into some profound, expansive 'not'.

Spread so thin,
scarcely visible

re united.


No comments:

Post a Comment